Short DescriptionNutanix is looking for an Engineering Manager who can Work with OEM suppliers on next-generation server design and validation.
- Work with OEM suppliers on next-generation server design and validation.
- Lead and coordinate HW NPI, HW sustenance and SW regression activities.
- Maintain and drive NPI project plans, NPI test plans and automation plans to deliver top quality HW and SW products at a fast pace.
- Drive collaboration across x-functional teams including Product Management, SW Engineering, and Platform team for NPI.
- Maintain project KPI metrics, JIRA dashboards and coordinate SW/HW bug triaging and prioritization.
- Drive agile methodologies and develop process improvements for platform launches.
- Drive Automation as a key QA strategy for Platform validation [NPI] and regression coverage.
- Manage and coordinate projects across fast-paced global teams.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 6-8 years Platform lead and or management experience.
- Solid understanding of x86 server platforms (BIOS, BMC, Disks/flash, NVMe, NICs, processors, RAM, storage controllers) and server virtualization technologies.
- Solid understanding of NPI process including Agile SW releases, Sprint planning and execution and project management principles.
- Familiarity with hardware and software development life cycle models.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Advanced knowledge of Python or other scripting languages for automation.
- Solid experience with bug tracking and management system (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward completion.
- Demonstrated multitasking, effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills is a must. Must be a team player.