Short DescriptionGracenote is hiring Manager, Big Data Platform who has the Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
- A full-stack developer who can provide expertise on multiple phases of a project lifecycle from concept development to solutions design, implementation, optimization and support.
- Lead a team of Data Engineers/developers building an ingestion platform for terabytes of user events using frameworks/platforms such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Should have good experience working on various No SQL databases like Cassandra, Dynamo DB, etc.
- Design and develop high-quality products on Core Java / J2EE platform.
- The candidate will follow Agile software development methodologies and adhere to best practices in the software development process.
- Assisting the architect to drive the selection of technologies & designs, for development of high performing scalable platforms.
- Should be able to provide technical guidance to a team of 3 - 4 senior developers
- B.E / B.Tech / BCA/ MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Ensure that development progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time.
- Smart + Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environment
- Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud-based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.
- Experience working with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker is a plus Experience in working with search platforms like Lucene / Solr / Elastic Search.
- Other UI Technologies that we could consider: ReactJS, ExtJS
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems, and OO analysis & design.
- In-depth expertise on Core Java & Java EE conceptual and programming skills.
- Should have a deep understanding of SQL & NoSQL databases and technologies related to Stream processing such as Spark Streaming, Kafka, etc.
- Good working knowledge on Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience in working on RESTful web services development & with frameworks like Spring Boot / Dropwizard, etc.
- Experience in working with RDBMS like Oracle / MySQL / MS-SQL. Working expertise on any NoSQL data stores viz. Key-Value stores (Redis, AWS Dynamo DB) / Document DBs (Mongo DB / Couch base), Cassandra, Dynamo DB.
- Ability to build configuration scripts using tools like Ant / Maven & adherence to test-driven development processes using frameworks like JUnit / Mockito.
Manager, Big Data Platform
At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the digital entertainment they love. We do this by offering the largest database for music, sports, movies and TV shows, and creating best in class services and technologies, all on a highly scalable platform.
Gracenote was acquired by Nielsen in 2017 and now has 1,800 employees working in more than 25 locations around the world including Los Angeles, Queensbury, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Munich, Mumbai, Sydney, Seoul and Tokyo. Our worldwide headquarters are in Emeryville, Calif. For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.