Short DescriptionBarclays is seeking for Windows Engineer who has knowledge of Windows infrastructure (Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Server, Managing Active Directory, DHCP/ DNS servers and activities, Domain controller, Windows Clusters, DFS, TCP/IP.
- Reactive and pro-active resolution of Incidents, performing Changes, Upgrades to existing Windows Server Infrastructure
- Support of Windows Clusters, antivirus, backups, deployment tools and monitoring tools, capacity management, Active Directory
- Implementation of Business-driven changes and requests
- Problem resolution including problem management, root cause analysis and implementation of remedies.
- Knowledge and use of the change/configuration management system
- The provision of advice and consultancy aimed at minimizing the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
- Contribution to constant Service Improvements
- Establishing and agreeing on the requirements for a resource to ensure skills are available to meet current and future work demands of the role.
- Support processes (currently aligned to ITIL best practice).
- Compliance of all risk and audit requirements.
- Ensures that all requests from users for assistance are handled promptly and effectively.
- Regularly monitors the incidents, status and speed of resolution of inquiries and problems; is pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems, products or services.
- Personal attributes essential to performing role including competencies, expertise, knowledge, and experience. Note: experience requirements must not be in the form of years (minimum or otherwise).
- Knowledge of Windows infrastructure (Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Server, Managing Active Directory, DHCP/ DNS servers and activities, Domain controller, Windows Clusters, DFS, TCP/IP)
- Scripting knowledge ( Powershell, VBScript, etc)
- Fluent English communication skills and should possess Logical problem-solving techniques, backed by the tenacity to resolve customer problems.
- Experience in 2nd Level support in a similar environment for Windows Servers.