The term Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is drawing more and more attention nowadays and has put people in a dilemma that whether it is right to use it or not. The use of software along with machine learning and artificial intelligence to manage high-volume repetitive tasks is termed as Robotic Process Automation.
The RPA software has the ability to adjust to the fluctuating circumstances, exceptions and new situations, which makes it different from the traditional IT automation. The use of this software will allow large as well as small scale organizations to perform back-office and middle-office tasks with high speed. The introduction of this technology has changed the outmoded way we used to think about the business process and has also resulted in an increase in productivity by accelerating the task that earlier required man force to perform.
The scope of robotics is expanding and is not just limited to any specific industry. Right from automotive to aerospace, it is now being used in banking, consumer products, healthcare, and many more, RPA can be used in these different sectors specifically. With the application of this technology, organizations can lower their operating costs, decrease cycle times, save their employees from monotonous tasks and can enhance overall productivity. It helps in the application of explicit technologies that can mechanize the humdrum and standardized tasks, providing greater output and that too with a smaller investment. The other benefits of Robotic Process Automation, for a business, are:
Better control: It provides better control over different business processes and allows them to mitigate risks and gather more profit.
Improved decision making: It provides the ability to collect, store, organize and analyze data that allows business analytics to make better decisions.
Cost saving: With the use of this technology, the total operational cost is supposed to be cut down by around 25-50%.
Enhanced revenues: Since the tasks get automated and can be performed faster, which means quick returns and profits.
IT support & management: The implementation of RPA can help in improving the service desk operations and monitoring of network devices also become easy with this technology.
Versatility: It is a highly versatile technology that is applicable in numerous industries and can undertake a wide variety of tasks.
Quality & accuracy: The quality and accuracy of the work will improve with the introduction of Robotic Process Automation as there are no chances of human error.
Automated tasks: As discussed earlier also, the use of the RPA technology can automate the repetitive tasks and save employees from its boredom.
After looking at all the advantages of this technology, it can be said that RPA has definitely brought innovative solutions for the businesses all around the globe, operating models that adopt automation, and will, therefore, allow cutting of costs, driving efficiencies and improving quality.
Develop Skills or Re-skill the Potential Resources:
Every career demands an angle of skills. This means that RPA ought to be an excellent mixture of two opposite skill sets. "Investigative" individuals usually prefer to solve issues by Thinking, Reading, and Learning. And the other side, "Realistic" individuals are extremely sensible - they prefer to solve issues by "getting their hands dirty".
Just like any career, RPA demands a novel set of exhausting and soft skills. You may be smart at natural philosophy theory; however, does one have a head for "systems thinking"? Are you able to create abreast of choices in a very wide selection of various disciplines? Smart Roboticists have a variety of skills that support our wide technical awareness across completely different engineering disciplines.
In order to be effective in such various vary of disciplines, smart roboticists support their technical data with varied exhausting and soft skills. Following are the pointers:
- A system like Thinking: As robots are quite complex systems, so you would need to grow your skills towards Systems Analysis and Evaluation.
- Programmer Mindset: Programming is like soul to Robots. This doesn't mean you need to be well-versed with 1500+ programming languages, you must have a Programmer Mindset, who can easily learn new languages, to lead nicely onto.
- Spirited Learning: To get into an RPA project, you do not need to have 5 years of Robotics Degree or a 3 Year Ph.D., through this, you won't even scratch the shell of RPA. Be a spirited learner throughout your career, with added features of Reading Comprehension and Learning strategies.
- Mathematics with Logical Science: Succeeding into RPA without Mathematics (geometry, calculus, and algebra) is next to impossible. But applying only Mathematics is not exactly as it seems, real-world runs based on how the result of calculation would be good and logical enough to be used.
- Analytical Thinking and Decision Making: RPA requires taking continuous engineering decisions. RPA is full of choices, having no single correct solution. Which program/system to be used? What sensors to be used? Robots should have fingers, then how many? The thoughts never end. To make the most of RPA Position, you need to be excellent into taking right decisions and judgments and have an eye for critical and Analytical thinking.
- Excellent Communication: You don't need me to explain this. Having effective communication (verbal and written) and instructing skills would lead to explain high-end programming concerns to non-techies efficiently like mechanical engineers or vice versa.
- Designing Technology: This means designing something that can actually work and propose effectual solutions. Having a magical ability to repair and get the things working.
- Complex Troubleshooting: A skill to resolve complex issues and fixing foreseen problems before they arise and troubleshoot them if they do.
- Perseverance: It is pretty an essential skill of trying to discover solutions to any challenging problem or trying to make it easier for others. Along with proving to be dependable, adaptable and knowledgeable, as Robots need them to be.
Dream, yet Demanding Jobs in RPA with Exciting Remuneration:
There have been some record-breaking announcements made by various RPA-Based industries and IT Firms and how Robots are bringing more opportunities for employment for humans rather than making them unwaged. Here are some instances:
â?¢ Jon Battles, Amazon Director, stated that the key focus should be towards optimum utilization of vacancies in the near future. He gave an important pronouncement of creating 100,000 permanent jobs with all perks in the US and across the country, and doing the recruitment at every job level and class. He highlighted a point that they are t of this massive level after installing around 45,000 Amazon Robotic systems in their center.
â?¢ One of the famous US-Based Automotive Industry announced of installing an amazing record of around 17,500 Robots in 2016. IFR published that in the past few years, the operational production of goods has raised by around 52,000 units. To achieve this, during the same period, unbelievable recruitment rose by 260,600, as stated by the US Bureau of Labour Statistics.
The scope of robotics is expanding and is not just limited to any specific industry. Right from automotive to aerospace, it is now being used in banking, consumer products, healthcare, and many more, RPA can be used in these different sectors specifically.