In this data-driven era, a chunk of data is producing from multifarious devices. A plethora of statistics has claimed that 2.5 million terabytes of data are generated every single day from 6 billion devices. By 2020, more devices will be connected and it is estimated that nearly 30 million terabytes of data will generate every day.
The aspirants who want to make a scintillating career in the field of data science must be astonished to know this fact. So, a data scientist is a very demanding profession and the USA leads in the market of data science. India has also a potential market for data science and it is expected that by 2025, the Big Data analytics sector in India will grow eightfold.
Here, we are going to describe some astounding facts about data science that you never know.
1. Should have a statistical knowledge: If you want to learn data science, then you must have a comprehensive knowledge of statistics. Matrix calculations, derivatives, determinants, Set Theory, functions, vectors, linear transformations, etc. are very important if you want to learn data science. You should have a clear concept and theory behind all the statistical methods and programming.
2. Learn programming languages: Apart from learning statistics for data science, you also need to learn different programming languages if you want to shine as a data scientist. In the field of data science, R is one of the most popular programming languages. If you have an inadequate knowledge of R, then you canâ??t establish yourself as an eminent and dexterous data scientist. Apart from R, you also know Python which is another promising language in data science. These programming languages are very important along with statistics for data science.
3. Salary of a data scientist: Data science salary is much higher than any other IT professionals. Moreover, you will get numerous job opportunities if you are in the field of data science. As per indeed.com, the average salary of a data mining engineer is $152,173 per year. According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a data analyst is $ 60,000 per year. The average annual salary of a data architect in the USA is nearly $129,194. Data science salary is quite lucrative and thatâ??s why many young IT aspirants are choosing data science as their career option.
4. Books play an important role in learning data science: If you want to learn data science online, you will be blessed with a chunk of resources like online study material, podcasts, videos, etc. which will give you a comprehensive knowledge about data science. You can even join some communities and can take help from the experts or mentors who have a proficient knowledge in this field. Apart from learning data science online, you can take help from the books especially if you want to clear the basic knowledge of data science.
5. Be curious: As a data scientist, you should be very curious and always try to explore different things. Read books, articles, journals, magazines, etc. to enhance your knowledge. In data science, so many things are inventing day by day. Thatâ??s why always be curious and stay updated.
6. Should have strong communication skills: As a data scientist, you need to interact with other departs to solve a problem. So, your communication skill is also important along with your statistical and programming knowledge. If you canâ??t communicate properly, then you wonâ??t be able to understand the problem and hence, canâ??t deliver the right solution.
7. IoT is closely associated with data science: IoT is the latest entrant in the field of technology that takes data science to a significant level. IoT is all about data generated while data science generally analyses those data. If you want to become a data scientist, you also need to upgrade your skills so that you can take part in this next big technology revolution.
8. Start from today: If you have an aim to become an eminent data scientist, then without wasting time prepare yourself from today.
9. Never give up: Data science is a budding field and thus, you need to learn a lot. So, donâ??t give up and always stay motivated.
The article was originally published here